We've been busy with our families, part-time jobs, getting ready for a craft show, homeschooling preschoolers...you name it, we've been doing it!
With that said, there have been things happening around here and hopefully we'll start to share with you what we've got going on NOW (and maybe catch up on months past).
Earlier this summer we had a a handyman come and install new crown molding and beadboard in our kids bathroom upstairs. There were too many cuts and precise measurements that we weren't confident in our skills to tackle it ourselves.
THIS week we began the process of painting the whole thing: top to bottom. Crown to baseboards. Cabinets and walls. EVERYTHING. We had a quote for someone to paint it for us because it was apparent we weren't making time to do it (remember I said the process began this summer!). However, we decided it would be wiser to take care of it ourselves. Yay for saving money - and getting one more thing checked off our list in this foreclosure purchase!
I'll leave you with some before & during pictures and hopefully by the weekend I'll have some FINISHED pictures to take.
Then I attempted to make it better by removing the wallpaper, changing the lighting and painting the walls.
So, I made a plan - put up beadboard (because I love it so much) which evolved into new crown moulding when my husband suggested it & a cabinet/shelf above the toilet.
Apparently I don't have any pre-primed before shots showing the beadboard (probably because I thought the blog was dead so there wasn't any use photographing it! :( ). So here's how it looks today after we primed everything last night.
Hope to hear from some of you!