Thursday, December 13, 2012

Goodbye Sectional - Hello New Sofa

I feel like I've blogged before about how my sectional sofa just wasn't working in our current living room (or at least I've complained enough to my hubby & friends). 

Well, over the summer I found a piece of furniture on Craigslist to go behind one side of it to fill the space a little better.  I LOVE the piece of furniture - but the room was still not working.{I had a picture of this with my sofa in front of it... but can't find it (and probably thought the blog was dead so it didn't matter anyway! haha)}.
So, over Thanksgiving we went to the "big" city to spend time with George's family and on Black Friday we hit the town on the hunt for the perfect new sofa.  I say "big" city because in College Station we have about 5 furniture stores in town - none of which are worth much in my opinion.  So, the Big D had to have something!

We hit three different Weir's, Freed's, Haverty's & finally on the way home (disappointed) we stopped at Dillard's and FOUND IT!
 
While I liked almost every couch equally the same it all came down to price (we saved $500), comfort (both George & I could sit and not be too uncomfortable and it was deep enough for him and yet my feet still touched the ground).  BTW, have you shopped for a sofa lately.  WOW it's such a hard thing to shop for.  Color, comfort, style, depth, PRICE it's almost impossible to find the perfect piece!

So, my next move was to find a buyer for our well-loved 8 year old sofa.  After having many people come look and turn it down I was desperate! Finally a sweet college girl who was moving into her own place suckered me into selling it to her dirt cheap.  But it was GONE! 

Next up... sell the round coffee table that doesn't work with a straight couch.  Do you notice a theme here?  I get something new and have to sell something old... amazing how that works! haha

So, on to finding something cheap and perfect for the new layout...


13 comments:

  1. Okay, this may sound strange, but the buffet you found on Craigslist is IDENTICAL to the one I had made in China!! I'll have to take a picture for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crazy!! What a great piece, huh? What do you use yours for? Mine probably came from China anyway --- maybe you started it! HA!

      Delete
  2. we've had our sectional for 2 weeks now. The microfiber is so soft, but attracts everything. It was easy put together and is NOT made for heavy people, very cheap. We LOVE the firm cushions! We love the look of the couch. We are expecting it to look nice for at least 3 years. With the price, it is exactly what we expected and wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The couch is awesome. Very comfortable and definitely worth the price. Like the other reviews mentioned it was packed very well and I'm appreciative of that. Although others mentioned that the freight company disposed of the packaging material and put the couch together that wasn't the case in my situation. I was surprised to get the small sofa in only 3 days! The drivers stated that I had purchased the basic delivery (I wasn't given a choice, it was the free shipping that Amazon gave me) but I wasn't upset. It took me 40 minutes to carefully unpackage the couch and remove the packaging myself. I've been enjoying the couch now for 5 hours and couldn't be more impressed with the workmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the material of your sofa! It is easy to clean. if a spill occurred,, all you need is to wipe it with a dry cloth and everything is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a awesome piece, i like the color and its material.BED STORE EDINBURGH

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realize this is a very late response, but I can't stop myself because the seen of new sofa furniture which has good style and well design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very informative and well-written post! Greatjob for your hardwork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really impressed with this blog article, Keep it up! Keep writing pretty bloggg

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed learning more about this topic. Nice post, thanks have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read a lot more here, Please do keep up the excellent job you've done

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post. It’s always interesting to read articles here. you really great

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails