Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Tour 2011

It's a Christmas tour! I have had my decorations out since before Thanksgiving...but just now have found the time to upload the pictures to the computer and onto the blog. Without further adieu...

The Dining Room

The Kitchen Shutter (where my Christmas cards will be displayed)

I had this urn on the mantle for the Fall. I decided it needed a new home for the holidays. I added some glittery Christmas picks to make it festive and added it to my entry table.



This is probably the most important decoration I have. My husband even told me that I needed to add "a little Jesus" to my decor before it made it out of the box. On a side note... how do you decorate and incorporate THE reason for the season? I've found most nativities and Christian Christmas decorations aren't that "cutesy".... anyone have any good suggestions of places to look for cute things that focus on Jesus more than Santa?

Remember how I made this chalkboard? I finally changed the verse that had been up there for 2 months or so and made it a little more appropriate for the holiday!

On my kitchen table I used a $10 glass canister from Walmart and two packages of $5.00 ornaments as an easy and cute centerpiece.

The mantle... ah, always the hardest thing to decorate! I used a Santa that is usually on my front porch to fill up some of the height, hung an old window pane my husband found on the side of the road & added a wreath that I made for a little extra dimension. My lighted garland was made from two lengths of garland from Hobby Lobby and a strand of garland lights. Then once it was hung I just went through and added the ribbon and a few picks of color & greenery.

I picked up this hurricane at our last trip to Canton. And lucky for me I already had stockings that went with the red and green theme that I seem to have going on here.

I made these wooden JOY candlesticks after seeing them on Shanty2Chic. I love their simplicity. This Santa has made it's round through 4 houses in the last 7 years...

Well, that's it for now... I hope you're enjoying the weather where you are and that you are looking forward to the Christmas holiday coming up. I still have quite the list of "to do's" for shopping and parties. Take the time to relax and enjoy... and remind yourself what this holiday is really all about.





Linked to these fabulous parties:
Home Stories A2Z
Ten June
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I love that little nativity scene + chalkboard vignette, super cute! I usually try to incorporate Bible verse print outs or crosses into our decor to bring in the true reason for the season... without Him we wouldn't be celebrating, so can't leave Him out, right? : ) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails