Monday, November 8, 2010

Pantry Redo

When I saw this pantry makeover that Decor Chick did a few months ago I was totally inspired and motivated to get mine done. When we moved in a year ago we did a total rehaul on a lot of the spaces in our home. One of those was the pantry. Five college guys had lived here before us and lets just say the shelves in the pantry were nasty and in our opinion, not worth saving. So my hubby and a handy college student from our church built the new shelves themselves. We'd always planned on painting them and making them nice...but time and money (and energy) ran out and we just lived with the raw wood shelves for over a year. Finally it was time!!!

This is how I was living! (sorry for the poor photo quality but you get the picture, right!)

Oh I am so embarrased to show this to you! It was awful and I didn't mess it up to make it look worse... this is truly how our pantry functioned. Wow... that's humbling. :)

After a coat of paint on the wall and shelves and the addition of the canisters and other organization stuff I'd been collecting over a few months... here it is today!!!

And these awesome lazy susans built by my handsome helper. Seriously... these are awesome and he worked VERY hard on them!
My pantry now functions and looks 100x better!

I got these shelves from Wallyworld to store some of the "what do I do with these?" items.



And these canisters keep our snacky foods

And this basket stolen from the playroom keeps the paper goods that just were cluttered up on top of the shelves before.

I'd had these baskets for a while to hold our bread and chips.
And remember when I showed you the kitchen cabinet makeover? I told you I'd moved the kids crafty stuff to the pantry. Here's their corner. I got these drawers to hold coloring books, stickers, markers, paints, etc. SO much better than the cluttered cabinet.
I am loving the new pantry. My husband has even given me major props! He was once skeptical about all the canisters instead of boxes...but now I'm pretty sure he's a believer. And I couldn't have done it without him... all the painting, wood shelves and trim and Amazing lazy susans are credited to him! He's pretty much the greatest.



Linked here:
Making the World Cuter
Between Naps on the Porch
Keeping it Simple

5 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic. Love the lazy susans. All of the containers are super also. Beautiful job. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, great! I sooo need to do this. I love how its so not cluttered and you still have room. I think that's the key to a calm life: do not over-stuff! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. doesnt it feel great to clean out your pantry?! after I started my redo a while back I keep cleaning it out more and more! I just added a plastic 3 drawer storage that I use for all our papergoods... yea we have that many!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    New follower here from the Blog Hops. Your blog is just wonderful. Love the layout and look. I will definitely enjoy reading more in the future.

    Please come by and visit/follow me too. I love new followers and readers.

    Marie
    The Things We Find Inside

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine could use an overhaul. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails