Monday, November 15, 2010

Go Big(ger) or Go Home

I have a problem... I tend to think too small when it comes to decorating.
I have had these lamps on our nightstand for the entire 7 1/2 years we've been married (yay for me for longevity!). The problem is they are just too small for the space. I also had grown tired of the shade and the style of the lamp base. I see lots of lamps at Marshalls & TJ Maxx that are super cute, but I just can't justify spending the money to replace something that functions fine... but isn't decorator savvy.

I've recently rearranged some furniture in the living room and sold some things on Craiglist which left me with one of two matching lamps needing a new home. I thought I'd give it a try and see what I thought about it being in the bedroom.

Once I decided I liked it and that it would stay, I had to steal the matching lamp from the office so I could have the same size lamps on each nightstand. I thought I'd taken a good picture of 'before' the new lamps...but all I found was this one. And I am too lazy to put the old ones back just for a photo! :) Hopefully you can use your imagination as to what it looked like.

BEFORE

AFTER

What do you think? Are they too big? Do they need new shades?

2 comments:

  1. I like that the base is taller but not that bulky. I purchased new lamps for my night stands that had very bulky bases and thus, took up TOO much space. The shades could use some sprucing, but they fit perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you buy new shades, look for longer shades. That will prevent to much light in your face if you want to read in bed.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails