Monday, November 22, 2010

Finally finished!

Remember the girl's room that I've been working on??
Well, I'm finally done!!

I found this picture on Simplified Bee and was completely inspired! I love the combination of blues and pinks. It's girly without being too babyish. Plus, I'd already painted the knock-off version of the Pottery Barn bird painting, so it was really just meant to be.
The Serena & Lily bedding, while beautiful, didn't exactly fit my budget. So I used this light blue comforter & sheets from Target. And I found this GREAT coordinating pillow at TJMAxx. Her black bed (which you'll see when you scroll down) is 1 of the 2 that I bought in Round Top.

For her nightstand, I grabbed this piece from the mud room. Since it was already painted blue & provided 4 more drawers, it was really a no-brainer. I brought back in the painting and flower lamp and added a crate of books on the floor for easy access.
I kept my younger daughter's bedding pretty simple. The coordinating blue pillow is the "container" that my older daughter's comforter came in. I just stuffed it with stuffing and re-buttoned it. I had intended to bring in the other matching black bed, but reconsidered after realizing that the old crib would make nap time and bed time easier for now.
And here's a few more pictures of the finished room...
I love how it came together but love even more, that it's done! :)
I'm linked to...
The Girl Creative
toolsareforwomentoo

5 comments:

  1. The room is just beautiful. I am considering that same bedding for my daughter's room. I linked over from Just Something I Whipped Up. I am your latest follower. Come check out my blog at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com and follow me too if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love love this. So pretty!
    Great job
    Tana

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so beautiful!!

    I went back and read about the artwork....GREAT JOB!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is just gorgeous! Makes me wish I had a little girl (or two). Beautiful, you should be really proud of all of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to see this one. Your room is very beautiful and amazing. I really like it. I hope is future you share more good updates. Now it's time to avail Baby Liquid Soap for more information.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails