Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cake pops!

Have you heard of these?
I was just introduced to them this week by my good friend Misty.
Seriously, I never knew what I was missing!! They are delicious!
And not to mention, adorable!!

You can make them as basic or elaborate as you would like. These are definitely more on the elaborate side, but just for fun, here are a few pictures of inspiration from the experts at Bakerella...

Adorable, right??


Well, Misty & I tried our hand at them last night.

Here are the basic directions...


1. Bake and cool one 13x9 cake, according to package directions. After it has cooled, smash it up and mix in 1 can of frosting. It's a fun & messy project! Refrigerate the mixture for 15 minutes.


2. Form the mixture into balls (or whatever) & insert a sucker stick into each one. (To prevent bobble-head balls, dip the end of your stick into melted candy melts and then insert them into the balls.) Refrigerate them for another 15 minutes.

3. Melt your candy melts or chocolate bark and dip the cake balls. Add glitter, sprinkles, faces (for you advanced Martha Stewarts), etc..

4. Stick each pop into a block of styrofoam so that the chocolate can harden. And voila! It's that easy!! We made Christmas presents using chocolate bark and red icing.

Are they perfect? Heavens no. Are they perfectly yummy? You bet!

Happy baking!


5 comments:

  1. ok those look so good. My daughter thinks she is the cake pop queen and I have to show her these! Awesome!
    ~Tana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch, they were DELISH!!!! :):) Thanks for all your hard work Tiff... last night was a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I've never seen them either, but I'm totally going to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are SO CUTE!! I LOVE them! I really want to try to make some of these for the upcoming holidays :)

    I would LOVE for you to link up to my What's Cooking Wednesday!

    http://notsohomemade.blogspot.com/2010/11/from-scratch-pumpkin-pie-1110-whats.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea with making the presents out of the cake pops! I have made Bakerella's cake pops and I must say they look much easier than they are.
    Yours are unique and look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails