Wednesday, October 20, 2010

{Recipe} Group Meal Swap... Taco Soup


Recently a group of ladies from my Sunday school participated in a group meal swap. If you've never done one of these before I highly recommend it!! Here's the lowdown...
Once you know many friends are going to join in on the fun you'll make meals for everyone of them (including or not including yourself... that all depends on YOU!). Example... in the last swap there were 7 of us participating so I made 6 meals. You're going to want to make meals that are easily frozen and reheated, etc. Did you know there are cookbooks for this concept?? Of course you did. :)

Then you just meet up and swap. Bring a laundry basket or something to carry all your meals home in (keeping in mind that they can be HEAVY). The great thing about this swap is that you will have 6 nights of 'mindless' cooking. Just pull something out of the freezer the night before and you're set! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that. All you working moms out there... you really should do this! How great would it be to come home and enjoy your kids, enjoy your couch or enjoy your fantastically decorated home instead of cooking dinner?

Now what you were all waiting for.... MY RECIPE!
TACO SOUP
this is by far the easiest meal I make and has been one of my favorites since college days

2 lb ground beef, browned and drained
3 cans Mexican Stewed Tomatoes (or Ro-Tel)
2 cans Ranch Style beans
1 can corn
2 cups water
1 package Ranch dressing mix
1 package Taco seasoning

Bring all ingredients to a boil. Then serve with Fritos or tortilla chips and top with cheese. Mmmm.... Unfortunately I didn't make one for myself so no picture... Sorry! But trust me... it's delicious and did I mention EASY? So, get your friends together and SWAP your meals.

Linking Here:
Someday Crafts

4 comments:

  1. Well, this was already on the menu for dinner tonight! It's one of our favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this concept!!! OH MY!!! What I wouldn't give to find a group like this!!!

    Oh, and I love this recipe!! When I did Weight Watchers it was a staple for lots of us!!! We called it 'Taco Junk'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and so glad you ladies thought of it. I can't wait to try your Taco Soup, in fact I might defrost that and have it for dinner tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. click reference Hi, Neat post. There's a problem with your web site in internet explorer, click resources would check this? click site IE still is the market leader and a huge portion of people will miss your wonderful writing because of this problem. click this

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails