Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My revised fall porch


This was my porch earlier today...
I love so much about it. The pumpkins...the make-shift chalkboard... & the hay bale that I store in the garage all year just to bring out during Sept-November for my fall decor. I think this may be the one thing my husband just doesn't get about me... :) I always add mums on one side but I just wasn't loving it this year. Reason number 1: it's too small (sometimes the thrifty side of me makes poor decorating choices) Reason number 2: the ugly black pot. Well I couldn't do anything about the size of the plant since I wasn't willing to buy another one (yet).

Then I had a lightbulb moment when I remembered the stash of burlap I had bought for another project... So here's my simple quick fix. It doesn't magically grow the plant but it does help me love it a little more than I did this morning.


4 comments:

  1. The burlap was the perfect addition!! It 'bulked' up the mum just enough! :)

    And I too sometimes let my cheap side have a little too much control and end up regretting that I didn't just make the more expensive purchase that I would have been happier with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute!!! I'm going to miss all of the fall decor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever! You've really inspired me this week - hope you'll pop over to see what I've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. click reference I have been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this site. click resources Thanks , I?ll try and check back more frequently. click site How frequently you update your site? click this

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails