Friday, October 15, 2010

My New "Old" Rocker

This rocker may be one of my favorite finds from our recent trip to Canton. When I spotted this rocker out in the "junking" section I immediately was drawn to it. Ever since we moved into our house I've wanted two rockers to sit out on the front porch. Once we finally painted the house it moved up on my priority list. Last year I spotted a great looking rocker for sale at a home improvement store... for $88. I was willing to shell out the money for two of them but decided to wait until we painted. Imagine my delight when the price for this one was $25. I talked him down to $20 (I'm sure some of you could have gotten him lower...but I'm just beginning to master my negotiating skills....so I am proud of the $5 savings!). It was in great structural shape and I could tell it had even been "fixed" with screws and wood glue. It just needed a good coat of paint.


Here it is after a couple of coats of leftover paint (sorry for the sunlight in the picture...I'm impatient and the picture had to be taken RIGHT THEN!). Maybe on my next Canton or Round Top trip I'll find a suitable mate for it. For now my wicker rocker will work just fine.

I just need to get a new throw pillow for the wicker rocker to add some color and soften the look. Waiting for some good sales... :)


Making

5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet chair, and a really sweet price! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rocker! And the price can't be beat! I tried the potato soup recipe that you posted and it was pretty darn good and super easy to make. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great rocker. Love it painted white. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and pretty:))
    Hugs, Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  5. click reference Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. click resources And he just bought me lunch as I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: click site Thank you for lunch! click this

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails