Monday, July 12, 2010

Gotta Love Garage Sales

This weekend I went to what may have been my first garage sale to actually look for something! I have worked them in the past but have never really gone to one on the lookout for something to bring home! Well I am so excited about my find! The kids have had a white table in the playroom for a while but there are only two chairs (one of which is broken) so my three little ones often fight about who gets to sit! I'd been on the hunt for a new table with 4 chairs. As a arrived at this garage sale I saw this table and chairs set that drew my attention. Once I saw the price I decided I could easily overlook the fact that this is actually a dining table. Kid tables I'd seen the day before at an antique show were well over $300 which I do not have the luxury of spending thank you very much. The table was in great shape but I knew I'd want to paint it a little bit before adding it to the playroom. Antique lovers beware: what you are about to see may pain you.

The Chairs {BEFORE}

The Table {BEFORE}

Spray Paint bought for $2.47 per can at Wallyworld

One handsome helper

And three happy kiddos later! {Excuse their appearance...we'd just gotten them ready for bed!}


All this was done for less than $60 in one day. Whoo-hoo!
Linked to:

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Seriously, like you said, all of that done in ONE day.. very impressive!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to paint chairs & have some like this I haven't done, because I wasn't sure how they'd look. Yours look AWESOME!! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks 100 times better now.....great job! Your kids look like they are loving it.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out great! I always love me some green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looks fabulous! You have to have one seat for each kid ;-). Loving that green color, way to go and thanks for sharing.

    Brittany
    http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails